What this coach is thankful for…
- A wife who loves, supports, and encourages me to do what I do while she takes care of everything else and loves me along the way.
- A supportive administration who understand the important role athletics plays in the development of our students.
- Loyal assistant coaches who do all that is asked of them and more without ever concerning themselves with who gets the credit. (And they deserve a lot of the credit!)
- Committed players who understand games, and championships, are not won on Friday nights and Saturday afternoons in the Fall.
- Former players who gave of themselves on and off the fields to create memories to last a lifetime and build a legacy of what it means to be a teammate.
- Teammates who are now life-long friends with bonds forged on the gridiron decades ago and yet ready to respond over hundreds of miles as quick as a referee’s whistle.
- A community who embraces its team, student-athletes, and school
- The opportunity to be part of this team
- The teachers, coaches, and mentors who invested in me and lit a fire for me to first be worthy, and second, to pay forward investments in others.
- The privilege of leadership, and the opportunity to build a culture returning student-athletes to our society who are better citizens for having shared the experience.
And last but not least, for God’s grace… His gifts reflect His love for us, and the challenges He lays before us remind us of His belief in our strength.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Coach Rich Alercio is available to discuss coaching philosophy, X’s & O’s, or teach his O-Line “techniques in the trenches.” Contact Coach at firstname.lastname@example.org and share http://www.olineskills.com with your colleagues and friends. Thanks for your time!